Ram Dhan Singh Seed Farm office is situated in the main campus on the farm road (Ludas Road) opposite to the Gate No. 3 of the University and the RDS seed farm is situated 18 kilometers away from the main campus of the University near the village Bir Babran comprising an area of 4020 acres, 6 kanals, 17 marlas divided into four blocks. It is surrounded by Sheep Breeding Farm in the north, Govt. Livestock Farm and SFCI farm in the west, Govt. Livestock Farm south and Vill Bir Babran farmers’ land in the east. It is linked to the NH 10 (Delhi-Sirsa) by an approach road (7 kms) through the Govt. Livestock Farm. In 1999, the seed farm was named after one of the eminent agricultural scientists of Indian sub-continent “Rao Bahadur Dr. Ram Dhan Singh” and now popularly known as ‘RDS Seed Farm’. Out of total farm area, 3300 acres are under cultivation and the remaining 720 acres are still non-cultivable and undeveloped (scattered pieces of land in all blocks). Total boundary (circumference) of RDS Seed Farm is about 20 kilometers. The farm is not fully developed and cultivable so far due to the lack of resources; however, developmental work is in progress. The main crop grown for seed production on the farm area Mung, Guar, bajra, paddy and Sorghum in the kharif season and Wheat, Barley, Raya Gram and oats in the rabi season.
- To produce quality seed/planting material of major field and horticultural crops.
- To develop the farm as a model mechanized seed farm
- Dr. Bhupinder Singh, Asstt. Professor (Entomology)
- In addition, technical faculty is invited to visit the farm on need basis
ON ADDITIONAL DUTY
- Sh.D.V.Shastri, Suptd.
- F-5-N.P.Agri. for development of RDS Seed Farm at Hisar
- F-6-Plan Agri. for strengthening of seed production programme at RDS Farm
- C(b)RDS-1-ICAR for seed production in Agricultural Crops (Field Crops)
- C(g)RSK-21-OA for ÀICRP Maize (volunteer centre)
- C(g)RDS-06 OA (RKVY) for infrastructure development and production growth at RDS Seed Farm, CCSHAU, Hisar
- RF-12 for production of quality seed of oilseed, pulses, and cereals at RDS Seed Farm
- RF-27 for seed production of Field crops at RDS Seed Farm
The RDS Seed Farm produces Certified/TFL class seeds of following crops for sale to farmers:
Kharif season: Guar, Mung, Bajra Paddy
Rabi season: Wheat, Barley, Gram, Raya
The seed is sold to the farmers through the university sale counters at RDS Seed Farm office at Gate No. 3 (Balsamand Road) and ATIC at gate number 4 (Rajgarh Road) at the rates approved by the Seed Rate Fixation Committee of the university.
The subsidy on different category seeds as circulated by the State Government time to time is provided on the spot to the farmers (which is later claimed from the concerned department by the university).