Dr. Satnam Kaur
Associate Director of AAREM
CCSHAU, Hisar established the Academy of Agricultural Research and Education Management (AAREM) in its Silver Jubilee Year of 1994-95 under Agricultural Human Resource Development Project with financail support from the World Bank. With AAREM's creation the void that existed in the field of teacher-training was filled.
- To organise and conduct induction training programmes for newly appointed teachers in the University and to conduct refresher courses for inservice teachers.
- To organise and conduct training programmes in areas of research management, educational technology, curriculum development, extension management and human resources management etc. for university teachers.
- To organise training programmes in emerging specialized areas in the field of agriculture and allied disciplines.
- To organise group discussion, seminars and workshops on areas of topical interest in agricultural research, education and extension system.
- To conduct sample surveys and research in areas pertaining to productivity of teachers, their training needs and other areas relevant for teachers' training.
- To design, develop and execute programmes of continuing education for teachers.
- To develop and organise need based training programmes for administrative staff in agricultural universities and others related with agricultural development.
AAREM is equipped with all the basic and ultra modern infrastructural facilities and teaching aids for institutionalized in-service trainings and offers tailor-made courses for university teachers, scientists, extension specialists, research managers, administrators, policy makers, agricultural officers, and other senior officers working in the field of agriculture and allied sciences.
Training Programmes and Refresher Courses
- Induction Training
- Educational Technology
- Research Management
- Extension Management
- Communication Skills and Technical Writing
- Computer Education in Agriculture
In liaison with other cells/ departments/outside agencies Area specific collaborative training programmes are conducted in emerging areas in the disciplines of agriculture and allied sciences including Library and Information Science. The Academy also imparts training through various Sponsored Courses of Govt. of Haryana and SAUs. It also conducts ICAR sponsored winter and summer schools. Specialized courses have been planned and offered at the International level too, on requests from organizations abroad. These trainings encompass the specialized areas of agricultural and allied sciences. With a futuristic orientation to education, the Academy has also developed Continuing Education Programmes i.e., PG Diplomas in Agricultural Journalism and Human Resource Development for the faculty.
To maintain and further improve the standard of its training programmes AAREM organizes group discussions, seminars, workshops, educational visits, brainstorming sessions, winter/summer schools and workshops on different aspects of agricultural education, research and extension. It also conducts sample surveys and research in areas pertaining to the productivity of teachers.
Courses for non-teaching/para administrative staff
Taking the responsibility of developing the capabilities of the human resource of the university AAREM imparts training to the non-teaching/para administrative staff too in the field of language, computers and other need-based areas.
Memoranda of Understanding
In addition to the training programmes the Academy also initiates and finalizes MoUs with private and public agencies at National and International level for cooperation in the field of agricultural education, research and extension. The International Desk in the Academy maintains liaison with DARE, MHA etc. for the visit of foreign academicians and students. The Academy also facilitates permission to the faculty for attending international/national conferences/workshops/seminars/ meetings etc. Vice-Chancellors’ Conference Agenda for ICAR, IAUA, AIU and Action Taken Report thereafter, and other follow up activities are also looked after by the Academy. Along with it, the information about CCSHAU to ICAR, IAUA, AIU, UGC etc. is also prepared by AAREM
To carry forward the institutionalized training that it has been imparting in the fields of Communication, management, multi-media applications, bioinformatics etc. To widen the horizon of its training programmes by exploring new areas relevant to teaching, research and extension activities of the teaching faculty and scientists of SAUs and ICAR institutes.