Survey, Surveillance, identification, evaluation of crop losses and control of plant parasitic nematodes Biological Control of Insect Pests of crops by Entomopathogenic Nematodes AICRP on Plant Parasitic Nematodes with integrated approach for their control.
- Maps depicting distribution of phytonematodes in Haryana prepared and more than 200 species of plant-parasitic nematodes identified.
- Information generated in host parasite relationship and biology of important nematode pests of Haryana.
- A nematode resistant tomato variety 'Hisar Lalit' developed for cultivation in root-knot nematode infested fields.
- Losses due to phytoparasitic nematodes in crops documented.
- Developed management strategies for nematode problem in wheat, barley, rice, cotton, fruit and vegetable crops.
- Organised international/national level training programs/summer schools. National level videos documentary on molya and earcockle disease of wheat and predatory nematode prepared.
- Organized nematode Awareness Days/Fields Days to make aware the farming community regarding nematode problems.
Post graduate program leading to M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Nematology.
Course Lecture Nema 301.
List of M.Sc. and Ph.D. students.
Crop advisories for Rabi season crops 2015-16