Dr. Nirmal Yadav
Head of the Department
Textile And Apparel Designing
I.C.College Of Home Science
CCS Hayana Agricultural University
Hisar - 125004 (Haryana) India
Phone No : 01662-255343
Alternate No : 9729372353
Email Id : email@example.com
An MoU was signed between Dept. of TAD, College of Home Science and TITS Bhiwani on 16-2-2012, in the direction of collaborative teaching, henceby providing more facilities to the students in areas of research and better job opportunities.
1 To develop understanding of textile fibres for different end uses/processes
2 Application of dyes and auxiliaries for textile processes.
3. Conceptualization of designs and styles for application on textiles and apparel.
4. Computer Aided Textile and Apparel Designing.
5. Sociological and psychological impact of clothing on the wearer.
6. Traditional textiles and costume of India and their contemporary application.
7. Management of Apparel and Textile Industries.
8. Automation of Apparel Designing through Computer Aided Designing Technology
1. Development of stylized designs of apparel for women empowerment (1993 till date)
Technology : Standardization of paper patterns for Casual wear, designer garments and protective clothing/accessories.
2. All India Coordinated Research Project on Home Science (Oct. 1997 to Till Date)
Technology 1: Standardization of Conditions for Dyeing and Printing with Natural Dyes
Total 1700 Shades were developed using Five Natural Sources of Dyes for Cotton, Wool and Silk with four mordants in isolation as well as in combination and combination of dyes.
Technology 2: Development of Diversified Products from Sheep Wool
Diversified Products Requiring Insulation Characteristics viz.
1. Water Bottle Cover
2. Lunch Box Cover
3. Curd Vessel Cover
4. Chapatti Box Cover
5. Baby Feeder Cover
6. Baby Quilt
1. Designing for apparel and household articles and development of paper patterns.
2. Utilization of plants for textile processes.
3. Computer Aided Apparel and Textile Designing.
4. Environment sustainability through reuse of textile waste.
5. Theme based designing for product development.
6. Innovation in crafts of Haryana for contemporary applications.
7. Development of performance textiles using wet processes.
8. Conceptualization of designs and styles from traditional textiles and costumes for contemporary applications.
9. Development of E-media on developed technologies for income generation.
10. Designing and development of functional and protective clothing.
11. Value addition/quality improvement of underutilized fibres and fabrics.
12. Product development through computer technology.
- One day Industrial Motivation seminar-cum-campaign in collaboration with MSME on 27 Sept, 2010 in college campus
- Seminar on WTO on 6th March, 2009.
- Seminar-cum-Campaign on Industrial Motivation for Self-employment Opportunities on Ist September, 2008.
- Paper patterns: An easy technology for garment production
- Garment Designing & Construction
- Embellishment Techniques
- Tie & Dye
- Computer Aided Designing
- Utility articles from discarded Apparels/Fabrics
1. Designed Apparels
2. Embellishment Techniques
3. Functional & protective cloths
The Department of Textile and Apparel Designing aim to promote academic excellence in field of apparels and textiles among students.The courses in the discipline have been designed to equip the students with knowledge of fabric construction and designing techniques, apparel designing, textile trade and socio-psychological impact of clothing etc.The teaching programme of the department aim to develop competency to keep pace with technological development and managerial problems related to consumers, apparel and textile industries, entrepreneurs and academic institutions.
The department of Textile and Apparel Designing has ten laboratories including Garment construction labs (4), Hosiery lab, Weaving lab., Computer Aided Designing lab, Dyeing & Printing lab. and Testing labs(2). All the laboratories are fully equipped with different equipments i.e. sewing machines, fabric testing instruments, circular and flat knitting machines, loom, printing equipments etc. The Computer Aided Designing Lab. having 13 computers, two printers, one scanner, one plotter and internet connectivity. Department has its own seminar room equipped with multimedia projector.
Till date 112 PG students have been enrolled in M.Sc. & Ph. D. Programmes. At present 11 Ph.D. and 15 M.Sc. students are enrolled. The Department provide professional education to B.Sc. final year students through professional course in apparel designing. The students of professional elective undergo eight week of inplant training in garment industries. Nearly 80% students get the job offers during the inplant training. Different job avenues open to them are as Fashion Coordinator, Dress Designer, Advertising Director, Pattern Maker, Production Manager, Quality Controller, Freelance designer, Boutique owner, Merchandiser and Production Supervisor.
One year Certificate Course in Home Industry Construction and Hosiery is for needy rural women of low economic strata of population. This course aims at developing skill in garment construction and Hosiery for household and commercial production. During this period they earn money by stitching and knitting.
- Practical Manual on Household Textile & their care
- Elementary Computer Aided Designing
- Practical manual on dyeing & printing
- Practical Manual on Fashion Illustration
- Textile Finishing
- Dart Manipulation
- Pattern grading
- Textile Testing
- Advance Dress Designing
- Manual on Apparel Designing: Concept and terminology.
- Reference Manual on Printing
- Practical and Reference manual on Textile Auxiliaries
- Reference Manual
Experiential Learning Project: Product Design Digital Embroidered home furnishings- An Innovative learning experience.
|1||Dr. Nirmal Yadav||Professor & Head||-||Details|
|2||Dr. Saroj S.Jeet Singh||Professor||-||Details|
|3||Dr. Parveen Punia||Professor & Dean||-||Details|
|4||Dr. Krishna Khambra||Professor||-||Details|
|5||Dr. Neelam M. Rose||Professor||-||Details|
|6||Dr. Nisha Arya||Asstt. Prof. (Stage-II)||-||Details|
|7||Dr. Saroj Yadav||Asstt. Prof (Stage-II)||-||Details|
|8||Mrs. Rakhi Dalal||Instructor Textile Designing||-||Details|
|9||Dr. Saroj Yadav||Assistant Professor||Textile and Apaarel Designing||Details|