- The Dept. offers UG courses of English to the students of COA,Hisar, COA,Kaul, COHS and COAE .
- The Dept. offers a PG course PGS-502 in Technical Writing and communication skills in English to all the PG students of CCS HAU.
- The Hindi Section offers Hindi-1 course (Prarambhik Hindi) for the foreign students in CCS HAU.
|Course No.||Cr. Hrs.||Title|
|ENG-1||2+1||Composition and Elementary Grammar (COHS)|
|ENG-1||2+1||Composition and Elementary Grammar (COA)|
|ENG-21||2+1||English Composition and Comprehension (COHS)|
|ENG-21||2+1||English Composition and Comprehension (COA)|
|ENG-100||1+1||English and Technical Writing (COHS)|
|ENG-101||1+1||Comprehension and Communication Skills (COA, Hisar)|
|ENG-101||1+1||Comprehension and Communication Skills (COA, Kaul)|
|PGS-502||0+1||Technical Writing and Communication Skillsin English (COBS&H, COHS, COA, , COAE&T)|
|ENG-2||2+1||Applied Grammar and Comprehension (COHS)|
|ENG-2||2+1||Applied Grammar and Comprehension (COA)|
|ENG-22||2+1||Functional English (COHS)|
|ENG-22||2+1||Functional English (COA)|
|ENG-201||1+1||Technical Writing and Communication Skills (COAE&T)|
|PGS-502||0+1||Technical Writing and Communication Skills in English (COBS&H, COHS, COA, COAE&T)|
* The Dept. conducts training programmes on Communication Skills in English in collaboration with the Directorate of HRM for the scientists/teachers/employees of CCS HAU.
* The Dept. also conducts training programmes on Communication Skillsand PersonalityDevelopmentin collaboration with theDirectorate of Students'Welfare for students of CCS HAU.
1.Training on Effective Public Speaking from Nov. 2-16,2011.
2.Organized a five-day training for non teaching staff in Nov. 2011.
3.Training on Interactive Skills in English from Oct. 30 - Nov. 9,2012.
4.Training on Communication Skills from June 24-July 4,2013.
5.Training on Effective Public Speaking & Communication Skills from Aug. 19 - Sep. 5,2013.
6.Training on Personality Development & Communication Skills from Sep. 2014.
7.Training on Personality Development & Communication Skills from Sep. 2015.
1. Journalistic & Creative Writing by Manju Mehta and Mira Tomer (2010).
2. Functional English (for the students of PG Diploma in Communication Skills) by A. K. Bhatnagar, Mira Tomer and Manju Mehta (2010).
3. Vyavharik Hindi evam Sampreshan by Krishna Hooda and Sushma Anand (2010).
4. Spardha by Sushma Anand and Krishna Hooda (2010).
5. Functional Hindi Part-I (for Non-Hindi speaking students) by Anita Bhardwaj, Manju Mehta and Krishna Hooda (2012).
6. Official Hindi by Anita Bhardwaj and Krishna Hooda (2012).
7. English & Technical Writing for students of Home Science by Manju Mehta, Mira Tomer and Anita Bhardwaj (2013).
8. Comprehension & Communication Skills in English for students of College of Agriculture by Mira Tomer and Manju Mehta (2013).
9. Technical Writing and Communication Skills for the students of College of Agricultural Engineering by Poonam Mor and Manju Mehta (2014).
10.Technical Writing and Communication Skills in English for the PG students by Poonam Mor and Manju Mehta (2016).
1. Dharamveer Bharti ki Samajik Chetna authored by Dr. Krishna Hooda (2010).
2. Jesus Christ: A Divine Messenger authored by Mr. Vijay Ram (1998).
3. Aesthetic Venture authored by Dr. S.P.Mittal .
The Dept. has been running two PG Diploma courses since 2002. (a) PG Diploma in Communication Skills in English - 20 seats (b) PG Diploma in English-Hindi Translation - 20 seats
|LHC-461||5+0||Listening, Comprehension and Spoken English|
|LHC-463||5+0||Journalistic and Creative Writing|
|LHC-451||3+0||Anuvad ke siddhant|
|LHC-452||3+0||Anuvad ki samasayein|
|LHC-453||3+0||Editing, drafting & noting|
|LHC-454||0+3||Anuvad ka abhyas (P)|
- The department contributes towards strengthening of communication skills through teaching as well as various trainings.
- The department contributes in preparing students for literary activities like debate & declamation contests, essay writing competitions & creative writing.
- The department contributes in editing college magazine, preparing college reports etc.