Dr. O. P. Sheoran
Head of Section
College Of Basic Sciences & Huminities
CCS Haryana Agricultural University
Hisar - 125 004, Haryana (India)
Phone No : 01662-255290
Alternate No : 01662-255360
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Computer Centre was established in 1979. The administrative control is with the Dean, College of Basic Sciences & Humanities. The Centre is located in the College of Basic Sciences & Humanities building with a total covered area of aprox. 10,000 sq. ft. It has 8 rooms (seminar room, staff room, incharge's room, software development lab, server and switch room, Network Lab, Teaching lab etc.). The Computer Centre has, at present more than 60 desktop PCs and different kinds of printers for the use of students and faculty as well as for its staff. Two Sun Ultra 450 servers, three X235 IBM servers running Solaris operating system are being used for internet connectivity.
The installation of Campus-wide GIGABIT Network is implemented by this centre with funds from AHRD project & currently providing the Wi-Fi faculty to the HAU students at their hostels.
|1.||A Gateway for internet connectivity to the university|
|2.||Runs the web, E-mail, Antivirus and Antispam servers for the university community|
|3.||Facilitating the development of wi-fi network in the hostels, college and other selected places in the University|
|4.||Teaching computer courses for UG and PG programme|
|5.||Helping in implementation for Digitization of University such as AEBAS (Adhar Enabled Biometric Attendance System), UMIS (University Management Information System and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)|
|Software Developed for|
|1.||Processing of pay-bills|
|2.||Maintenance of GPF/CPF|
|4.||Grant Utilization system|
|5.||University Budget System|
|6.||Development and Maintenance of CCS HAU website|
|7.||Need based software for various offices|
|9.||Seed testing Laboratory|
|10.||Account management for EO-cum SE office|
|11.||Software for Research Data|
|12.||Statistical Analsysis software and consultancy|
- Manual on Introductory Computer Science by D S Tonk, O P Sheoran and R N Sheokand (2003).
- Computer Applications – Practical Manual by D S Tonk, O P Sheoran and R N Sheokand (2003).
- Introduction to Basic Mathematics for Students of Agriculture by Manoj Kumar, Manju Tonk and Ram Niwas (2011).
- Manual on “Introduction to Computer Application” for UG Student by R N Sheokand, O P Sheoran and D S Tonk (2013).
- To impart quality education to the UG and PG students of all the colleges of the University and to develop human resource specialized in various aspects of Computer Science.
- To provide networking and internet facilities at the university level. Strengthening of Campus-wide networking alongwith Wi-Fi in all the hostels and other important buildings of the University.
- To Implement E-governance through automation of most of the systems of the university including financial, academic and administration.
- Implemented National Knowledge Network Programme in the University, a GOI scheme to connect all the universities and colleges through high speed 1Gbps network/internet
- The Section is implementing Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the University Campus alongwith strengthening of Campus-wide networking through PURSE Scheme, DST(GOI), New Delhi.
Provided high speed 1Gbps Network/Internet connectivity along with all necessary network components including routers, switches and security devices for firewall, etc.
Installed CCTV Cameras in all the Labs. Of the Computer Section, common places of the College, all lecture rooms and Auditorium for monitoring the activities of the College, surveillance and security purposes.
|Sr. No.||Name of Instrument||Year of procurement|
|3.||High Speed Rourter (through NKN)||2012|
|Sr. No.||Salient Achievements|
|1.||Implemented National Knowledge Network Programme in the University, a GOI scheme to connect all the universities and colleges through high speed 1 Gbps network/internet|
|2.||Provided IT support to all the faculty members, employees and students including running various training programmes for creating computer literacy on the Campus|
|3.||Provided networking and internet facilities at the university level. Strengthening of Campus-wide networking alongwith Wi-Fi in all the hostels and other important buildings of the University|
|4.||In order to cater scientific community for their statistical analysis work is being executed and online statistical software named OPSTAT was developed in 2006 with 26 popular statistical methods. The online statistical analysis tool has been upgraded with four new modules during the last year. The up-gradation will cater to the needs pertaining to Frequencies, Cross-tabulation, Comparing means and Correlation Analysis|
|1||Satish Bansal||Junior Programmer||B.Com.||email@example.com|
|2||Bhoj Raj||CODEO||B.A.(Hons.) PGDCA , PM&IR Management Diplomafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Vasu Dev||Sr. Lab. Assistant||Intermediateemail@example.com|
|4||Renu||CODEO||B.A., PGDCA, M.Sc. Computer Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|