Department of Farm Machinery & Power Engineering
M.Tech. in Farm Machinery & Power Engg.
Ongoing Research Projects1. Development, testing modification and popularization of agricultural machinery and implements in Haryana State.
2. All India Coordinated Research Project on research and development of farm implements and their adoption under actual field conditions in Haryana State.
Achievements:The Department has done pioneer Research & Extension work for giving a boost to farm mechanization in Haryana State. The salient achievements being:
* Acid Delinting Technology / Hand Operated Acid Delinters of different capacities. Manual Seeders, Wheel Hand Hoe, Crust Breaker, Cotton Stalk Puller, Papad and Wadi making machines.
* Developments / promotion of bullock drawn machines like land preparation, land l eveling, Stubble Collector cum Planker, Mustard Drill, Seed cum fertilizer drills, Weeding machines.
* Tractor operated machines i.e. Rotavator, Puddler, High Clearance Weeders, No-till seed ferti drill, High capacity Crop Threshers, Paddy Transplanters, Automatic Sugarcane Planters, Ridge Seeders/Bed Planters, Potato Planter & Digger, Post hole digger, Straw reaper
* Self propelled machines i.e. power weeders, crop reaper- binder, vertical conveyor reaper, paddy tranplanter etc. Custom hiring project on improved machinery (like rotavator, zero till drill, laser leveler, straw combine, ripper binder, potato planter, potato digger, high capacity front threshers etc.